Michigan Resources for High School Students
- A summer program designed to introduce high school students to current developments and research in the sciences and to encourage the next generation of researchers to develop and retain a love of mathematics and science.
- Need-based scholarships that support middle and high school students’ participation in summer opportunities at U-M that seek to develop students’ interests and abilities in academic disciplines and expose students to the experiences and possibilities provided by higher education.
- The Summer Engineering Exploration Camp (SEE Camp) is a one week, co-ed residential camp for high school students entering grades 10-12 who are interested in engineering. This camp is designed to help students learn about various engineering disciplines and industries as well as learn more about engineering at the University of Michigan.
- Electrify Tech Camp consists of three non-residential summer camps for high school students that is sponsored and run by Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of Michigan (U-M). Camp participants will be introduced to college-level topics at an introductory level suitable for high school students.
- A summer camp where students will learn the basic mathematics behind data science and experience real-life applications
National Science Opportunities for High School Students
- The Lillehei Heart Institute offers annual summer research scholarships in basic science research related to cardiovascular disease.
- The SSRP-Amgen Scholars Program is a fully-funded research-intensive residential program that takes place on Stanford’s beautiful campus for a nine-week period.
- SRAP provides a meaningful, hands-on experience in science, mathematics, statistics, and/or engineering research with the goal of stimulating interest in a future career in one of the fields. It focuses on first-generation and underrepresented students considering college.
- The Summer Student Program is designed for students who want to immerse themselves in genetics and genomics research. It emphasizes laboratory discovery, communication of knowledge, and professional growth.