Established in 2017, the Michigan DNA Day program hopes to reach as many high school students as possible in the state of Michigan to teach important scientific concepts, show students what scientists look like, and instill an overall excitement in STEM-related fields. Check out our impact for the 2017 and 2018 years below!
2018 MI DNA Day Impact
- Unique Cities Visited: 13
- Unique Schools Visited: 21
- Unique Scientist Ambassadors: 114
- Unique Teachers Visited: 37
- Students Reached: 3159
We are hoping to expand our network and reach more schools in 2019. Interested in having us visit your school? Get involved!
What did high school teachers have to say about MI DNA Day 2018?
- “I really liked how the ambassadors shared their experiences and passion for what they are studying. My students were really inspired by hearing their stories and it made it ‘real’ for them.”
- “Presenters were relatable, interesting, and excited about what they do (plus they were women in science… bonus!)”
- “Students got to see science careers that were not doctors, nurses, etc.”
- “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
2017 MI DNA Day Impact
- Unique High Schools Visited: 3
- Unique Scientist Ambassadors: 54
- Total Classrooms Visited: 13
- Students Reached: 356
Photos of MI DNA Day 2017
Contact us here or by emailing us at email@example.com